Pepperstone is an Australian CFD broker. It recommends a minimum deposit of AUD200 or equivalent, but it does not require any minimum deposit for new clients to get started. It can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 5 business days to complete a deposit, depending on the method you use. This broker does not charge any deposit fees.
Read: Pepperstone review
This broker allows its clients to choose from 9 base currencies: AUD, USD, SGD, HKD, JPY, NZD, EUR, CHF, and GBP. Once you have selected a base currency, say AUD, all deposits made from anywhere in the world are converted and visible in your account in AUD.
The conversion rate from your local currency to your account’s base currency applies while depositing, so keeping an eye on the conversion rate might help you calculate how much local currency is required for a deposit in your Pepperstone account’s base currency.
The company offers two primary types of accounts, and then you can choose a trading platform accordingly.
To open a standard account, you don’t need any amount to deposit. But for the Razor account, you need to deposit AUD200 to get started.
Pepperstone offers several payment options to its clients from all over the world. However, some payment options might not be available, depending on the region you are living in. 
1. Bank Transfers
If you want to use bank transfers to deposit, you can use a wire transfer from your bank to the bank account provided by Pepperstone.
2. Credit/Debit Cards
The broker allows two types of credit/debit cards as payment options:
- Visa Card
- Master Card
3. Alternatives (E-wallets)
This broker allows deposits from the following E-wallets.
- Union Pay
To check deposit fees and the processing time for each payment option, you can see the table below:
|Payment Option||Deposit Fees||Processing Time|
|Wire Transfer||No Fees||3 to 5 Business Days|
|Master Card||No Fees||Up to 10 minutes|
|Visa Card||No Fees||Up to 10 minutes|
|NETELLER||No Fees||Up to 10 minutes|
|Skrill||No Fees||Up to 10 minutes|
|PayPal||No Fees||Up to 10 minutes|
|UnionPay||No Fees||Up to 10 minutes|
|POLi||No Fees||Up to 10 minutes|
|BPay||No Fees||Up to 10 minutes|
How to Deposit
When you complete registration for an account with Pepperstone, you need to activate your account before making your first deposit and starting trading. To activate your account, you need to verify:
1. Proof of Legal Existence (PLE)
A valid ID document for proof of legal existence can be:
- Passport (photo page only)
- National ID card
- Driver’s license (with a photo)
2. Proof of Address (POA)
A valid proof of address document can be:
- Utility bills: gas, electric, or phone
- A bank or credit card statement (photo/scan of a physical letter or PDF of statement)
- A council tax bill or rates bill
- Tax statement
- Driver’s license (with a photo) showing your address and expiry date
- Any other government or financial institution-issued document
You need to follow these instructions while providing documents for verification:
- Must be less than three months old and show the full document (for utility bills, bank statement)
- Must show name and residential address (PO Boxes will not be accepted)
- The name and residential address on the document must match the application form
- Must show a provision of services, such as money owed or paid
After verifying your details with provided documents you can deposit funds. To deposit funds:
- Step 1: Go to Funds from your dashboard.
- Step 2: Select the payment option and follow the instructions.
After completing the deposit process, it takes anywhere from 10mins to 5 business days to reach the deposited amount in your Pepperstone account.
Sign up Bonuses
Unfortunately, Pepperstone does not offer any signup bonus to new clients. However, it offers other bonuses and promotions.